BE INTENTIONAL: Hit the Mark of Excellence
“Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.” Ralph Marston .
We all love to celebrate victories. It is a signal that someone has hit a special mark, even a milestone. But, what exactly does it take to hit a mark and to hit it with excellence so that you finish gracefully.
For sure, hitting the mark of excellence takes conscious effort. It is easy to exercise little effort that will lead to mediocrity, at best. But, hitting the mark of excellence requires that you go above and beyond the call of duty.
“Excellence is never an accident. It is the result of high intention, sincere effort and intelligent execution.” Aristotle
You are not going to hit the mark by accident.
You are going to hit the mark because you set out with everything in you to hit it. To ensure the highest quality, you must purpose in your heart that you will give only your best to bring your assignment to fruition.
Sometimes, you will have to let go of good things to hit the mark that God has set for you. For example, when I decided to write my novel, “Unforgettable, My Love Has Come Along,” I had to cut back on my social activities among many other things.
Would you like to hit the mark of excellence?
Change the way that you run.
There is so much to do in so little time! You just must prioritize, making sure that what you are doing is of value and relevant for the time and season. You want to do your assignment and hit it with the desired mark of excellence that God has placed in you.
God will not give you an assignment that you do not have the ability and capability to complete. When your pursuits become what God has on His agenda for you then He will make provisions for you complete your assignment.
The following tips will help you to pursue your assignment with excellence:
1. Prayerfully take decisive actions. Move it forward, step by step and brick by
brick. Remember, you are Victorious By Design.
2. Research! Research! Research your assignment.
3. Benchmark against the best in the area of your assignment.
4. Be a trend setter. Do not be afraid to break new ground.
5. Keep pressing along during the times of failures and hardship.
6. Don’t be overwhelmed by your lack of knowledge about a particular section of
your assignment. Ask for help. Select a person or organization who you believe
has the knowledge or ability to help you succeed.
7. Stay away from negative people and those who will talk you out of your
8. Practice temperance, that is, self-control. God will bring it to pass.
9. Keep your blinders on every day until you see your assignment completed.
10. Put a lid on your mouth. Bring every “crazy” thought under the subjection of the
Holy Spirit. Speak life over your assignment. It will come to pass.
11. Celebrate the milestones you have achieved during the process of completing
Last but not least, be excellent in whatever God has called you to do. Ask God for strength and determination to complete your assignments with joy and excellence.
Go on! Apply yourself to the plan and complete your assignment. Ready! Set! Go!
Let me hear from you.
Click: My Facebook Readers' Cafe
Ann Marie Bryan
CEO & Founder, Victorious By Design
Author, Encounters of the Heart series